Thunderdust Shrimp Risotto Recipe
- 1 pound of shrimp, de-veined, no tails
- 1 1/2 cups dry white wine
- 1 lemon
- 1 1/2 cups arborio rice
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan
- 1 minced shallot
- 2-4 crushed garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons Isaac Toups Thunderdust Cajun Seasoning
- 4 cups broth, chicken or veggie, kept warm on the stove
- 2 zucchinis, shaved in ribbons with a potato peeler
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Optional: would be great topped with chives
- Make sure your shrimp is clean. Then marinate in the juice of half a lemon, 2 tablespoons of Thunderdust and 1/2 cup of dry white wine 1-2 hours prior to cooking.
- Starting with the Risotto, make sure your broth is warming in a pot on the stove.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter and 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large pot or Dutch oven. Then add the minced shallot, garlic and a pinch of salt. Cook until shallot is softened and garlic is fragrant.
- Then add the arborio rice and toast until the kernels are well coated in the butter, shallot, garlic mixture and it should smell nutty. Do not let kernels turn brown.
- Next we’ll add the rest of our white wine (1 cup) to deglaze the pot. Cook until liquid is absorbed and you can not smell the alcohol anymore.
- Once you can drag your spoon across the bottom of the pot and both sides stay separated, we’re going to start adding the warm broth one cup at a time. Do not add your next cup until the previous cups have been absorbed.
- Add the last cup, mix well, then add the final 3 tablespoons of butter, a 1/4 cup of the parmesan, mix well and set aside to keep warm.
- Next, we’re going to warm up a cast iron pan to cook our shrimp.
- Add some olive oil, another tablespoon of butter and your shrimp with only 1/4 cup of the marinated liquids.
- Cook approx. 2-4 minutes on each side depending on size of shrimp.
- Remove shrimp from pan and then toss in your zucchini ribbons, a little more Thunder Dust and cook quickly on high heat.
- When ready to plate, add your risotto, top with parmesan, salt and pepper, zucchini ribbons and finally the shrimp. Squeeze a lemon over everything, a little more pepper and you’re good to go! Enjoy!