Under the Sea Jackfruit Tacos with Pineapple Salsa
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour, 30 minutes
- Yield: 4–6 servings 1x
- 16 ounces jackfruit, unseasoned, drained
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup Korean bbq sauce (plus 1/2 cup for serving)
- 2 tablespoons Hell’s Kitchen Under the Sea blend
- 1/2 each onion, diced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- olive oil, to taste
- 8 corn tortillas
- red cabbage, shredded
- 2 cups pineapple, diced
- 1 each avocado, ripe, diced
- 3/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 teaspoons Hell’s Kitchen Under the Sea blend
- In a heavy-bottomed pot, heat the olive oil over medium-low heat.
- Add the onion and cook, stirring frequently, until translucent.
- Add the garlic and Spiceology Under the Sea blend and toss to coat well.
- Add the jackfruit pieces, 1/2 cup of the sauce and 2 cups of water. Bring to a simmer, partially cover with a lid and simmer on low flame for 45 minutes or until most of the liquid has been reduced.
- Use two forks to shred the jackfruit, then stir in the remaining sauce and remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, prepare the salsa and keep refrigerated until needed.
- Combine all ingredients together in a bowl. Chill until ready to serve.
- To Serve assemble tacos by adding jackfruit to tortillas, top with cabbage and salsa.