While perfectly cooked seared scallops can be hit or miss on Hell’s Kitchen, you’ve got a secret ingredient with this ultra-versatile sweet and spicy blend with flavors of maple and Korean chile flakes. This super easy shrimp and quinoa recipe is great dish to start experimenting with flavor.
- 1 cup washed quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 10 – 12 jumbo shrimp, peeled
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Hell’s Kitchen Under the Sea Seasoning
- 1 lemon
- Cut the lemon in half. Juice one half and slice the other. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl add shrimp and one tablespoon Under The Sea seasoning and toss to coat.
- Add about a tablespoon of olive oil to a large sauté pan. Add the shrimp to the pan when the oil is hot and cook on medium-high heat flipping to get a hard sear on each side.
- Remove the shrimp and set aside.
- In the same pan add the quinoa, water, remaining Under The Sea seasoning and lemon juice. Bring to a boil and then drop the heat to low. Stir well and simmer for 10 minutes. Add shrimp and lemon slices and simmer for an additional 3 minutes. Fluff with a fork and remove from heat. Let sit for about five minutes to absorb any remaining liquid.