Click the play button to watch the above recipe video!
The perfect cozy and hearty dish for when it’s a little cold outside – this Shakshuka recipe uses our Spiceology X Hell’s Kitchen Where’s the Lamb Sauce?! blend. This herbaceous blend finishes with a sweet balsamic powder and molasses.
Besides this one-pan dish, try it on lamb, chicken, white fish, pork, wild game, tofu, roasted root veggies, green beans, asparagus, eggs, salad dressing, rice, and couscous.
Prepped and cooked using Hexclad hybrid cookware.
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 medium Yellow Onion, sliced thin
- 1 each Red Bell Pepper, sliced thin
- 3 each Garlic Cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons Spiceology X Hell’s Kitchen Where is the Lamb Sauce?! blend
- 28 oz Canned tomatoes, whole with juice
- 1 tablespoon Kosher Salt 5 oz Feta Cheese, crumbled
- 6 Eggs
- 8 oz Fingerling potatoes, sliced thin
- 12 oz Ground lamb
- 1/2 cup Peas, frozen
- Optional, as needed Greek yogurt
- Optional, as needed Fresh Mint, chopped
- Optional, as needed Chives, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a 12 inch saute pan heat 1 Tablespoon olive oil over medium heat. Add the ground lamb, sear without stirring then stir and continue to cook until browned. Add more olive oil if needed then add the onion, potato, and bell pepper and saute, stirring often, until tender and onions are translucent.
- Add the garlic and Spiceology X Hell’s Kitchen Where is the Lamb Sauce?! blend. Cook until fragrant, about one minute.
- Add the tomatoes and salt and crush with your spoon or spatula. Simmer the sauce for 10 minutes to allow the flavors to come together. Add the peas and stir then add the feta cheese.
- Create 6 wells in the sauce and crack an egg into each. Move the pan to the oven and cook just until eggs are set.
- Remove from the oven and garnish in the pan or divide into serving bowls. Garnish with Greek yogurt and fresh chopped herbs. Serve with toasted pita or naan bread.