THE 2-POUND SEAR FIRST RIBEYE
- 125F – Rare
- 135F – Medium Rare
- 145F – Medium
- 150F – Medium Well
- 160F – Well Done
- Heat the grill to create two cooking zones, one side with high heat (425F degrees) and one side with low heat (325F degrees).
- Apply 1 tablespoon Brisket Rub on all sides of the steak. Combine the mop ingredients in a small bowl.
- Place the steak over the high heat. Grill for 7 minutes.
- Flip. Grill for 5 more minutes.
- Transfer to the cooler side. Continue grilling, basting with the mop a few times, until the center of the meat reaches an internal temperature 5 degrees below your preferred wellness.
- Let rest 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Want more delicious recipes from Christie Vanover? Download her full Ebook here.