Who doesn’t love a good chutney?
Chef Ryan Wiebe shares his recipe for a homemade Apple Chutney that uses our Apple Cinnamon spice blend.
Use this stuff on pork tenderloin or pork chops, ham – or even on ice cream. We won’t judge you if you also eat it by the spoonful.
- 1 lbs of cooking apples if your choice, we used Gala
- 1 cup of apple juice
- 3/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 2 Tbsp of Spiceology Apple Cinnamon blend
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1–2 Tbsp fresh ginger
- Salt to taste
- Peel and dice apples, keeping the size a bit larger so they don’t break down as fast when cooking.
- Melt butter in a pan over medium heat, add apples and brown sugar and cook for a few minutes. Add in your Spiceology Apple Pie Spice and apple juice, cook until juice hand reduced by half.
- Add in your raisins, ginger and apple cider vinegar.
- Cook until your apples are cooked through and not mushy about 20-25 minutes on low heat.
- Serve with grilled pork chops or holiday ham.