Grill a great burger this summer with our super easy recipe for Bacon Bleu Burger that is packed, and I do mean packed, full of flavor. A great burger always starts with high quality ground beef that is a little higher in fat content, like 80/20. Grilling releases the fat and if you purchase a ground beef with too little fat, you’ll end up with a tough patty that’s not juicy. Who has time for that?
We partnered with Washington State Beef Commission to bring you easy to make recipes pairing beef with fresh spicy deliciousness. Make sure you check out the Interactive Butcher Counter on wabeef.org to learn about choosing beef cuts.
This burger is so juicy and full of flavor that we made it twice. It’s incredibly easy too…so there’s no reason to eat hockey puck burgers this summer, just add a few ingredients and your friends (and tastebuds) will be jumping for joy!
Bacon Bleu Burger Recipe
Makes 4 Burgers
- 2 lbs 80/20 ground beef
- 4 oz blue cheese crumbles
- 2 tablespoons Black & Bleu Spice Rub
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic granules
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Crisp Bacon
- Bleu Cheese Crumbles
- Bibb Lettuce
- Tomato Slices
- Red Onion Slices
- Brioche Buns (or other hamburger buns)
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- In a medium bowl, add the ground beef, bleu cheese crumbles, Black & Bleu spice rub, onion powder, garlic powder, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Mix by hand just until combined. Form into 4 patties and dust with more Black & Bleu, if desired.
- Place on the hot grill. Turning every few minutes to prevent burning.
- Grill for 3-4 minutes per side, or until done to your liking. Serve immediately with toppings.
Disclaimer: this is a paid collaboration between Spiceology and WABeef.org. All opinions are our own.