- (2) 20-ounce cans young green jackfruit in water (NOT in syrup or brine*)
- 2 tablespoonsSpiceology Black Magic Cajun Rub
- 1 cup Spiceology Black Magic BBQ Sauce (replace the honey with agave to stay vegan and double check to make sure your worcestershire is vegan)
- 1 avocado
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 cup shredded cabbage and carrots
- 1 tablespoon Spiceology Guac And Roll Salt Free Seasoning
- water, to thin
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4-6 slices vegan bread
- 1/2 cup roasted salted cashews
- Rinse, drain, and thoroughly dry jackfruit. Chop off the center “core” portion of the fruit and discard. Place in a mixing bowl and set aside
- Season jackfruit with Black Magic and salt. Toss to coat
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add 1 tablespoon of Avocado oil and seasoned jackfruit (use more oil, as needed, if increasing batch size). Toss to coat and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in Spiceology Black Magic BBQ sauce. Stir and reduce heat to low- medium and cook for about 20 minutes.
- Remove the lid and stir occasionally. For a pulled pork effect, use two forks to shred the jackfruit as it cooks down.
- In the meantime, make slaw by adding all ingredients except vegetables (avocado through salt + pepper) to a small mixing bowl and whisk to combine. Thin with water until a thick sauce is made, then add veggies and toss to coat. Set in the refrigerator until serving.
- Remove jackfruit from heat.
- Place generous portions of slaw on the bottom buns, top with generous serving of BBQ jackfruit, and cashews. Serve with extra BBQ sauce!