This super simple summer salad with tons of flavor starts with the most common of pantry staples: a can of corn. Add whatever veggies you have on hand and roast ’em up with our Cajun and bleu cheese blend – this corn salad is great on a bed of greens or scoop up with your favorite chips.
Black & Bleu Canned Corn Summer Salad
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4–6 servings 1x
- 2 + 1 tablespoons Spiceology Black & Bleu Blend
- 1 can corn
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 head romaine, chopped
- olive oil
- bleu cheese dressing
- Open the can of corn and drain off all the liquid.
- On an oiled sheet pan combine the can of corn, diced tomatoes and 2 tablespoons Black and Bleu. Stir to combine and shake the sheet pan to settle the ingredients evenly.
- In an oven set to broil, place sheet pan on a mid to upper rack. You’ll want to check it every 5 minutes to monitor blackening.
- While you wait, prepare a serving bowl with lettuce and make your dressing. Combine the remaining tablespoon of Black and Bleu to 1/4 cup blue cheese dressing.
- When the corn and tomatoes start to have roasted edges and slight blackening remove from the oven. Allow to cool. Pour over lettuce and dress the top before serving.