Chef Justin’s at home version of a classic cheesesteak, spiced up with Spiceology’s Black Truffle Sriracha blend. Pair this hearty sandwich with a crisp Chardonnay or a cold beer to break the somewhat spicy sriracha heat and earthy black truffle. This is a quick recipe that is sure to please.
- 5 tablespoons Black Truffle Sriracha blend, divided
- 1 lb ribeye, boneless (or 12–14 oz leftover cooked steak)
- ¼ lb cremini mushrooms, sliced
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 6 tablespoons butter
- ½ lb American cheese singles
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups whole milk
- your favorite rolls
- Season ribeye with Black Truffle Sriracha seasoning, let stand for 5 minutes then grill for 3-4 minutes per side and let rest.
- In a small sauce pan, melt 4 tablespoons butter and whisk in flour. Cook 1 minute, then add milk and bring to low boil, reduce to simmer and cook for 1 minute then reduce to low. Add 1 tablespoon Black Truffle Sriracha blend and whisk in 1 slice of cheese at a time until completely combined. In a 10 inch pan over medium high heat, add remaining butter, sliced onions, sliced mushrooms, and minced garlic, saute for 5-8 minutes until onions are translucent.
- Now assemble these bad boys and enjoy!
Keywords: cheesesteak, philly cheesesteak, black truffle sriracha