Do you know what to do with your corned beef leftovers? You could always eat it again or you can twist it up with Justin’s delicious take on a corned beef quesadilla — the perfect post St. Patty’s Day hangover cure.
- ½ cup mayo
- ⅓ cup ketchup
- ⅛ cup your favorite hot sauce
- ⅛ cup chives
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ½ head purple cabbage sliced thin
- 2 cups apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup Spiceology Pickling Spice
- 4 cloves garlic smashed
- 1.5 tablespoons salt
- 1.5 tablespoons honey
- 2 cups ice
- 4 slices havarti
- ½ pound dubliner cheese
- 2 large flour tortillas
- ½ lb (or more) leftover corned beef chopped
- Place all ingredients except cabbage and ice in a small saucepan and bring to a boil, then simmer for 5 minutes.
- Place sliced cabbage in a medium saucepan. Strain liquid into cabbage and simmer cabbage for 20 minutes, remove from heat and stir in ice.
- Mix all ingredients and chill. (This can be done well ahead of time).
- In a large skillet or griddle over medium-medium high heat, add tortilla slightly coated with mayo (mayo side down), layer on cheese and corned beef.
- Cook until the cheese is melted and the tortilla is lightly browned and crispy.
- Remove from heat, fold it up and serve it with cabbage and dressing.