Whip up a hearty chicken salad using leftover rotisserie chicken with warm curry spices, sweet mangos, crunchy cashew, and fresh mint! Make-ahead recipe perfect for salads, wraps, sandwiches, and more!
For the dressing
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon agave
For the Chicken Salad
- 2 lbs chicken, chopped
- 1 teaspoon GirlCarnivore Over Easy Egg & Everything Blend
- 1/2 apple cored, seeded, and diced
- ½ white onion, diced
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- ¼ cup shredded carrot
- 3 green onions, chopped
- ¼ cup cashews, chopped
- ¼ cup dried mango
- 1 teaspoon coconut flakes unsweetened
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
For Sandwich Assembly (Optional)
- In a bowl, whisk Mayo and curry together.
- Add lemon juice, and a touch of salt.
- Stir until combined
- In a large bowl, toss the chicken, GirlCarnivore Over Easy spice blend, apple, onion, celery, shredded carrots, cashews, and mangos with the dressing.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Fold in the mint and coconut flakes.
- Season with salt and pepper as desired.
Store for later
- Store the curry chicken salad in an airtight resealable contrainer in the fridge for at least 2 hours or up to 4 days until ready to use.
- Serve over hearty bread as a sandwich or as desired.
Everything in this recipe is options, don’t like apples, use grapes. Omit the dried fruit altogether or replace the mint with cilantro or parsley. Substitute as needed for your tastes. Store in an airtight container for up to three days in refrigeration.
Want more Kita Roberts / Girl Carnivore recipes? Visit girlcarnivore.com