We all know and love the comfort food mom used to cook for us and sloppy Joe’s are on that list. You either dreaded that dinner or loved it growing up. When done the right way, they are actually not half bad. We’re taking comfort food and elevating it by loading it up into a baked potato. Yes, we are stuffing it inside a potato. Seems crazy right? Well, try it and let us know how you liked it.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons Spiceology Smoky Honey Habanero
- 4 oz. Velveeta Cheese (don’t judge)
- 1 cup of mixed frozen vegetables
- 4 baked russet potatoes (see recipe below)
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons butter
- In a sauté pan brown the ground beef. Reduce heat to a simmer then add Spiceology Smoky Honey Habanero and two tablespoons water, mix well. Add the cheese, stir until incorporated.
- Cut the top off of each potato on the long side. Scoop out the interior potato. Divide the burger mixture into each of the potatoes. Mix the remaining potatoes with the sour cream and butter. Salt and pepper to taste. In a piping bag pipe the remaining potato mixture onto each of the potatoes. Hack: If you don’t have a piping bag, you can cut the corner off a large plastic bag or ziplock. Fill it like a pastry bag. It won’t have the decorative ridges but it will work. OR simply dollop the potatoes onto the meat filling with a spoon.
- Place the potatoes, on a baking sheet, into the oven to broil until the tops are golden brown.
Crispy Skinned Oven Baked Potatoes
- 4 large Russet potatoes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Spiceology Flake Sea Salt
- Preheat the oven to 400° F. Wash and dry the potatoes. Pierce the potato 2-3 times with a fork. Rub oil all over the potatoes. Rub Flake Sea Salt all over the potatoes.
- Place the potatoes directly on the wire rack in your oven and bake for about 45 minutes. (I put a baking sheet on the rack below to catch any drips from the potatoes or oil)
The exact baking time will depend on how large the potatoes are. The potato should be tender inside, use a fork or thermometer to test for doneness. Serve with butter, cheese, chives, sour cream and all of your favorite toppings or continue on with the recipes below to make them even more amazing.