As you can imagine, our friends over at the Maker’s Mark Distillery over in Kentucky have one heck of a bar.
Their mixologists use a variety of Spiceology ingredients to shake up some of the tastiest concoctions to happen to bourbon, including this Pecos Sour.
Sure, the Pecos Cordial takes a little extra effort, but think of it as investing in future very happy hours.
Check out more ways to use Spiceology blends and ingredients in cocktails here.
- 2 parts Mesquite & Black Walnut Smoked Maker’s 90* (or any bourbon of your choice)
- 1 part Pecos Cordial (see ingredients below)
- .75 parts Fresh Lime juice ( we use 1:1 Persian Lime:Key Lime )
- 2 d Bitter Cube Corazon Bitters ( these are savory, with Coffee, Chocolate & Oregano)
- Garnish- Rim glass with Spiceology Chile con Limon, Mexican Oregano, Espresso Salt, Fleur d’ Sel
- Lime Wheel
*We cold smoke our whisky on a Big Green Egg, nested in a bowl of ice over mesquite and the black walnut barrel bungs from Maker’s Mark. We do about 20-30 minute per 5 L. Strain and bottle before use.
- 1 part fresh squeezed Moro Blood Orange Juice (you can use high quality bottled, but only if cold pressed, it is too bitter otherwise)
- 2 parts fresh squeezed TX Ruby Red Pink Grapefruit Juice (Simply Grapefruit or better is also a substitute)
- 1 part Pink Prickly Pear Puree
- .5 parts fresh lime juice (1:1 Key Lime: Persian Lime)
- .5 parts Smoky Habanero Honey Simple Syrup (Add 1 tsp Spiceology Smoky Honey Habanero per Liter of Honey Syrup (2:1 Honey : Water) heat over low heat and allow Spice to infuse.)
- 1 tsp Spiceology Citric Acid per Liter of final product
- Add all ingredients to a container and either stir to combine, or use an immersion blender to fully incorporate, then fine strain to remove all pulp.
- Garnish- Rim the glass with a blend of Spiceology’s Chile con Limon, Mexican Oregano, Espresso Salt and Fleur de Sel, plus Fresh Citrus
- Store in a clean glass container (mason jar or swingtop bottle) in fridge for 2 weeks.