Click the play button to watch the above recipe video!
Yep, you read that right – Spam in chip form. And they’re as ridiculously tasty as you’re thinking.
This recipe comes from Alvin Cailan’s Amboy cookbook, but Chef Tony adds a few new flavors into the mix.
Paired with a white bean dip that’s seasoned with Spiceology X Alvin Cailan Everything SZN, this chip and dip combo will go fast.
Check out more of Chef Tony’s recipes over on Youtube.
White Bean Dip
- 2 cans White Beans
- 5 Garlic, Cloves
- 1 Onion, Yellow, quartered
- 2 Carrots, rough chop
- 1 Celery Stalk, rough chop
- 2 tablespoons Spiceology X Alvin Cailan Everything SZN
- Aleppo Flakes, Garnish
- Olive Oil, Garnish
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 1 can Spam, Sliced (1/8 inch)
- 2–3 tablespoons Spiceology X Derek Wolf Adobo Honey Blend
- 2 tablespoons Honey, Local White Bean Dip (See Recipe)
White Bean Dip
- In a medium/large sauce pot put in your carrots, celery and yellow and fill with water until all ingredients are submerged and bring to a boil.
- Strain your beans out of the can and rinse well under water.
- Once the carrots are tender drop in the beans and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Strain everything out of the pot and then place vegetables and beans into a blender with the Spiceology X Alvin Cailan Everything SZN and garlic cloves.
- Blend until smooth.
- Garnish with Aleppo Flakes and Olive Oil.
- Serve as a dip. Pairs well with Adobo Honey.
Spam Chips Spam Chips
- In a medium sauté pan, bring up to medium high heat. Once the pan is hot place oil in and move to medium heat.
- Place your spam slices in the pan to crisp into chips. About 2 minutes each side. (Sidenote: if you have a press use it to prevent the spam from curling and to create an even crispiness.)
- Once both sides are crispy, place in a medium mixing bowl and toss with 1tablespoon of Spiceology X Derek Wolf Adobo Honey blend. Set aside.
- In a small sauté pan on medium low heat, pour in honey and 2 tablespoons of Spiceology X Derek Wolf Adobo Honey blend, heat just enough for the honey to loosen up.
- Pour honey mixture over the spam chips and toss until the honey is evenly covering each chip.
- Serve with White Bean Dip (see recipe).