Click the play button to watch the above recipe video!
There’s a good chance you’ve never tasted anything like this before.
A take on traditional Indian gajrela, this carrot pudding features warm and aromatic spices like saffron and cardamom, then finishes with our Mango Tango blend.
Check out more of Chef Tony’s recipes over on Youtube.
Mango Tango Carrot Pudding
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- 2.5 Cups whole milk
- 1 pound Carrots, shredded
- 2 Spiceology Green cardamom pods, toasted then seeds ground
- 2 Spiceology Saffron threads
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- 4 tablespoons Ghee, store-bought or homemade
- 1/4 cup Grated paneer
- 7 ounces Condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons Coarsely chopped toasted cashews
- 2 tablespoons Coarsely chopped toasted pistachios
- 2 tablespoons Golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons Spiceology Mango Tango
- In a large saucepan, heat the whole milk until warmed through, about 4 minutes. Do not let the milk come to a boil in order to prevent scorching.
- Add the carrots, cardamom, saffron, and sugar and reduce the heat to medium.
- Cook until most of the milk has evaporated and the carrots are tender and the pudding is beginning to thicken, stirring occasionally to prevent the carrots from burning and the milk from boiling over. This should take about 15 minutes.
- Add the ghee and the paneer and cook for another 10 minutes to melt the ghee and dissolve the paneer until it is fully incorporated, stirring occasionally.
- Add the condensed milk and reduce the heat to low. Cook until you can insert a spoon into the middle of the pudding and it’s thick enough to stand up straight, another 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and gently stir in the cashews, pistachios, raisins, and Mango Tango. Serve while the pudding warm/hot.