Not sure just how to use our Purple Haze blend found in the Love is Love Variety Pack? The beetroot powder, tomato, carrot, onion, garlic, spices and chiles have been expertly blended into this earthy, sweet, flavor-packed blend – and this Purple Haze Beet Salad is a great way to experiment with this flavor profile.
Find more Love is Love recipe inspiration on our blog here.
Get inspired by Shannon Feltus by following her @urbanfarmfoods.
- 2 tablespoons Spiceology Purple Haze Rub
- 4–5 medium fresh beets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- butter lettuce
- goat chèvre
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil.
- Wash and trim greens from the beets.
- Wash and separate leaves of butter lettuce. Set aside in the refrigerator for plating later.
- Boil whole beets for about 30 minutes or until easily pierced with a paring knife.
- While beets boil, prepare marinade. In a small bowl combine olive oil, vinegar and Purple Haze. Whisk to combine and set aside.
- Remove from the water and allow to cool before handling. Then rub under cool running water to peel easily (apron recommended for possible splashing color).
- Slice each beet and add to a bowl with olive oil, vinegar and Purple Haze mixture. Cover and refrigerate at least two hours to marinate.
- When plating, arrange lettuce leaves and top with slices of beets. Crumble goat cheese over the top and season lightly with salt and pepper to taste.