- 1 chicken carcasse or Turkey
- knob of ginger
- 1 yellow onion
- Roast the bones in a 500°F oven til dark
- Toss into a pot at least a gallon with the onion and ginger.
- Fill to the top with water and bring up to a roll boil.
- Now forget everything you’ve been taught about making stock. We want a milky creamy stock.
- Keep it boiling hard and keeping filling up to your imaginary line that you want to keep it at with water as needed.
- After about 2-3 hours, blend with immersion blender or chop up with knife.
- Keep boiling for another 3-4 hours or overnight simmer like I did.
*May be held in the fridge for about a week. Will need to be re boiled again to emulsify.
- black pepper (used Spiceology Smoked Peppercorns)
- salt, to taste
- herbs, thyme, rosemary
- 1 quart broth
- 2 tablespoons corn starch + 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup half and half
- Put stock ,herbs, black pepper in a sauce pot and bring to a simmer
- Whisk in corn starch slurry and bring up to a simmer again
- Drop heat to low and pour half and half.
- Season with salt to taste and rice wine vinegar.
*May be held in fridge for about a week