Fire up the bbq and make these Summer BBQ Chicken Skewers ASAP. 3 ingredients in a zip top bag and you are in business. We served them with store-bought tzatziki sauce, grilled naan, mango avocado relish, and fresh squeezed lime. The entire dish screams warm summer evening on the deck with a frosty cold beer. You could add vegetables like zucchini, bell pepper, mushrooms or onions to the skewers as well. We partnered with New Belgium Brewing Co to make this incredibly flavorful spice blend that has garlic, smoked paprika, red pepper flake, dried onion, and a touch of brown sugar.
- 8–10 boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 bottle New Belgium Fat Tire Beer (or other amber ale)
- 2–3 tablespoons Summer BBQ blend
- Lime, for serving
- Naan, for serving (optional)
- Tzatziki, for serving (optional)
- In a large zip top bag or sealable container, add the chicken, beer and spice blend. Seal tightly and massage to combine ingredients and coat the chicken. Refrigerate for 6-24 hours.
- Preheat the grill.
- Thread the chicken pieces onto skewers and grill until chicken is no longer pink inside, about 10-15 minutes. Remove and squeeze a wedge or 2 of lime over the cooked chicken
- Serve with warm naan, tzatziki and an avocado mango relish.