It’s a sweet meat kind of summer, and we are keeping this Spiceology X Derek Sweet Teriyaki Sake spirit-infused blend on the counter.
There are few things better than charred chicken thighs on the grill, and this sweet and savory seasoning takes it to the next level.
Made with gochugaru chili, rice vinegar powder, garlic, tamari powder, ginger, onion, sesame seeds, and more – Derek Wolf’s Sweet Teriyaki Sake is an ultra-versatile blend for proteins, veggies, dressings, and a lot more.
- 4–6 chicken thighs, skin on
- 1 tbsp for each chicken thigh, Spiceology X Derek Wolf Sweet Teriyaki Sake blend
- Use an Asian BBQ or soy sauce as a binder for the rub, as needed
- 3 cloves minced, fresh garlic
- If your chicken thighs have the bone in them, de-bone the chicken, this will help it cook more evenly and faster.
- Season your thighs with the rub, garlic and the BBQ or soy sauce. Leave in the fridge, uncovered skin side up for 2 hours.
- Heat your grill to medium high heat.
- Take chicken out of the fridge and place 2-3 skewers through the length of the thighs. Repeat until all chicken is skewered.
- Grill your chicken, placing skin side down first, flipping every few minutes to char nicely but be careful not to burn. Re-glaze with the BBQ or soy sauce with every flip adding more rub.
- Once chicken is cooked (5-7 minutes) serve with your favorite sides (note: tastes great the next day in fried rice).