Author: Andrea Aiello
- Servings: 4-6
- Prep Time: 1 hour
- Cook Time: 35-40 minutes
- 2 garlic cloves, rough chopped
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 1/2 jalapeño, seeds removed and sliced
- 4 fresh Anaheim peppers, seeds removed and sliced
- 1 tablespoon Spiceology Chile Margarita Salt-Free Seasoning
- 1/2 cup+ Salt-free vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1- 8 oz bar of fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 jalapeño, seeds removed and thinly sliced
- 1 can no-salt pinto beans, drained
- 1 tablespoon Spiceology Guac and Roll Salt-Free Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 12 corn tortillas
- 2 ounces crumbled Skim Milk Queso Fresco (optional)
- 3 tablespoons Cilantro or Scallions, chopped
- Heat olive oil in large pan to make sauce. Add onion, Anaheim peppers, green peppers, jalapeños and garlic.
- Cook until browned and slightly softened, adding 1 tablespoon water if needed. Add Chile Margarita Salt-Free Seasoning and remove from heat.
- Put cooked vegetables and vegetable stock into a blender and purée until smooth. Add more vegetable stock if necessary to attain desired consistency. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in the same pan to make the filling. Add onion and bell peppers and cook until slightly browned and soft. Add jalapeños, pinto beans and Guac and Roll Salt-Free Seasoning. Add 1 tablespoon water if softer vegetables are desired.
- Pour hot vegetables over softened cream cheese and mix until combined.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray pan spray into a 9 inch pie pan.
- Put a thin layer of sauce on the bottom of the pan (about ¼ cup). Add 3 corn tortillas to cover the bottom of the pan. Add sauce on top of the tortillas and then spread 1/3 of the filling on top of that. Sprinkle sauce on top of the filling followed by 3 more corn tortillas. Continue with layering until there are 3 layers of filling (about ¼ cup sauce will give you enough for all the layers).
- Once the last layer of tortillas is on top, pour remaining sauce over the top. Add queso fresco, if desired.
- Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes. Remove foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes or until internal temperature of 165 degrees is attained.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Cut into desired size slices and serve with optional garnish of cilantro or scallion and finish with a sprinkle of Spiceology Salt-Free Chile Margarita Seasoning.