Click the play button to watch the above recipe video!
THIS. SANDWICH. All we can say is that you need to make it. The bearnaise sauce kinda sorta makes it.
Based on Hell’s Kitchen’s most famous dish, Beef Wellington, this Spiceology Sir Wellington blend boasts flavors of mustard, mushroom and shallot, with an earthy horseradish linger balanced by Worcestershire, rosemary and thyme.
Prepped and cooked using Hexclad hybrid cookware.
- 2 tablespoons Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Spiceology X Hell’s Kitchen Where’s the Lamb Sauce?! blend
- 1 tablespoon Dry White Wine
- 2 tablespoon Water
- 3 Egg yolks
- 8 oz Butter, melted, unsalted
- Salt, to taste
- 2 oz Mushrooms of choice
- 8 oz steak
- 1 cup arugula
- 2 Ciabatta rolls
- Horsey mayo
- Combine blend and vinegar to sauce pan and reduce until until nearly dry at medium heat.
- Add wine and water pour into small mixing bowl – Whisk the yolk with the reduction in the small bowl over simmering water. Whisk until the eggs “ribbon”.
- In a thin stream, slowly start to add the butter while you whisk.
- When the bearnaise thickens add one more 1T of blend.
- Set sauce aside.
- For steak, season with SPG blend (or just salt and pepper) let sit at room temp for 30-45 minutes bring a saute pan to medium heat with olive oil sear steak with a 2T of cold butter in the pan for basting.
- Sear on each side for about 2 minutes. basting with the butter.
- Remove steak and let it rest for about 10-15 minutes. Place oyster mushrooms in pan with steak juices and saute until tender.
- Slice ciabatta in half and place in oven to crisp up.
- Build sandwich from bottom to top by: mayo each slice of bread, arugula, steak, mushroom, bearnaise top slice of bread.