Grab your cheesecloth and butcher’s twine – we’re making cured egg yolks.
And not just any cured egg yolks – we’re busting out our Black Truffle Salt for these babies.
Once the yolks are cured you can grate or microplane these over avocado toast, into pasta, onto salads – the world is your… yolk.
- 4 egg yolks (farm fresh eggs work best)
- Spiceology Black Truffle Salt, as needed
- Butchers twine
- Place a layer of the Black Truffle Salt in a non-reactive container and make 4 small indents with a spoon.
- Separate your egg yolks and place onto the salt.
- Cover the tops of your yolks with more salt and place in the fridge for 1 week.
- After 1 week, carefully remove your yolks from the salt.
- Place your yolks onto the cheesecloth and tie them up with the butchers twine.
- Let air dry in your fridge by hanging them for another 7 days, until dried out.
- Microplane your egg yolks over your favorite avocado toast or add to pastas.
You can store these in an air right container for up to 1 month.