Avocado toast never gets old, does it? Chef Aaron Fish has put his own fresh twist on this avocado toast food trend with fresh delicious toppings featuring Hibiscus Habanero pickled onions, soft boiled eggs, pumpkin seeds, and everything bagel seasoning on top of his favorite bread. Avocado toasts make a delicious healthy breakfast, lunch or snack. If you’re looking to add even more flavor, don’t be afraid to include even more toppings from your fresh herb garden or finishing salt.
- 1 red onion, julienned
- 2 cups red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup Spiceology Hibiscus Habanero Blend
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
Instructions: (Ideally we have a photo to represent each step)
Julienne onion and set aside. Place remaining ingredients in a saucepot and bring to a simmer over high heat. Pour over sliced onions and let sit for 30-45 minutes before using. This will keep for up to 30 days in the refrigerator. Make sure to keep onions submerged in pickling liquid.
- Take a slice of sourdough bread or bread of your choice and brush with olive oil.
- Grill toast on a grill until golden brown.
- Make your soft-boiled eggs. Use a circulator and heat up water in the pot until 185 degrees F.
- Carefully drop eggs into the water bath with a large spoon or skimmer. Cook for 14 minutes.
- Remove eggs and place in an ice bath (50% ice / 50% cold water) to cool eggs.
- Leave in the bath for at least 15 minutes before removing. Peel and slice for toast.