Boba Ice Cream Sandwich Recipe
- Recipe by: Matt Broussard @acooknamedmatt
- Difficulty level: Semi-professional
- Time: 2 days
For the Ice cream
- 3/4 cup White Sugar
- 2 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 Spiceology Xanthan Gum
For the Graham cracker crust
- 8 tablespoons frozen cubed butter
- 2 1/2 cups Flour
- 2 cups Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cups whole milk
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cups honey
For the Boba
- Cooked off boba (you can buy it online here)
- 2 tablespoons Mexican Hot Chocolate blend
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons hot water
For the boba
- Cook boba according to instructions on package
- Mix cooked boba together with all ingredients
- Let cool (you’ll mix this into your ice cream soon)
For the ice cream
- Combine everything into a bowl except Xantham.
- While whisking dust in the Xantham Gum until smooth.
- Pour into your ice cream maker and churn into gelato creamy consistency. This should take bout 40 minutes.
- Halfway into your cycle, pour in 1 cup of the prepared boba.
- Continue the cycle and let it set in the freezer while the graham cracker is cooling.
For the graham cracker
- Combine dry ingredients in the 97.mixer then slowly incorporate the butter.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and mix.
- Flatten out dough on plastic wrap and wrap tight.
- Refrigerate for at least two hours then roll out on a floured surface and dust the top with more flour.
- Roll out into a rectangle about 1/2 cm thick.
- Bake on a sheet tray with parchment in a 350°F oven for 7 minutes.
- Let cool completely at room temp then cut in half and toss into freezer for about an hour.
- Spread ice cream evenly and top with another layer of graham cracker.
- Put into your freezer covered for about two hours to set then trim off edges to get smooth lines.