Black Gold Gnocchi Recipe
- Recipe by: Matt Broussard @acooknamedmatt
- Difficulty level: Moderate
- Time: 1 hour
- 1 cup (170g) water
- 6 tablespoons (85g) butter
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup (155g) flour
- 2 tablespoons (10g) Sasquatch BBQ Black Gold Truffle Rub
- Bring water, butter, and salt to a simmer in a pot.
- Mix in the flour and black gold with a wood spoon until incorporated and continue to cook while mixing for one minute.
- Put into a piping bag or a Ziplock bag with tip cut off.
- Pipe the gnocchi dough mixture into the boiling butter, water and salt mixture.
- Pipe and slice equal size little pillows of gnocchi using an offset spat, butter knife, or scissors directly into a pot of simmering salted water.
- Cook in the water, watch them closely, and when they float they’re done.
- Place cooked gnocchi on a tray lined with foil and store in the fridge for when wanted.
- 1 cup button mushrooms, quartered
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Sprig of thyme
- 1/4 cup Ricotta
- Salt to taste
- Shaved egg yolk (see our how-to video here)
- Sauté mushrooms in a pan with oil.
- Once browned, add in the gnocchi and get some nice sear/color.
- Toss in the butter and thyme.
- Remove from heat and season with salt and lemon to taste.
- Serve on some ricotta and finish with shaved egg yolk.