Flaky, gooey, fruity, buttery, tangy Blackberry Balsamic Peach & Blackberry Hand Pies – where have you been all our lives? One of the best parts of this easy recipe by Chef Ryan Wiebe is that you can swap out the filling for a variety of fruits that are in season like apples and berries – or you can get creative and go the savory route with veggie, potato or meat fillings.
The Blackberry Balsamic blend is rich, fruity and tangy with real dehydrated blackberries and powdered balsamic vinegar – these little pies are packed with punchy flavors and should be a new go-to for you.
- 2–3 peaches, diced
- 1 pint of blackberries, in half
- Pre-made or store bought pie dough
- 2–3 tablespoons Spiceology Blackberry Balsamic blend
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- Egg for egg wash
- Add peaches and blackberries into a bowl and mix in Blackberry Balsamic blend and white sugar, let stand for 15-20 mins.
- Roll out dough until desired thickness, and cut circles into dough, whatever size you want your hand pies to be.
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Fill hand pies with fruit, fold over one side – starting from the middle – and working down one side and then the other. Crimp edges with your fingers as you go, seal with a fork and pierce the tops to let steam out during baking. Refrigerate for 20 mins before baking.
- Brush tops with egg wash and more of the Blackberry Balsamic blend, bake for 20-25 mins, until golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack and cool. Enjoy while still warm and with ice cream!