If you haven’t discovered the amazingness of our Espresso Salt – order this stuff right now. This is a fantastic finishing salt to have on hand, made from fresh-roasted espresso and hand-harvested sea salt. It’s rich, dark and complex and adds just the right amount of flavor to savory and sweet dishes.
This recipe for Brown Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies is the perfect opportunity to experiment with this Espresso Salt – make a batch and we bet you’ll be a fan.
If you’re on the hunt for more sweet treat – check out more dessert recipes here.
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 cups lightly packed dark brown sugar
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs plus 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chucks
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chunks
- Spiceology Espresso Salt, as needed
- Brown your butter and let cool.
- Mix your sugars and butter together for 2 minutes.
- Add your eggs and vanilla and mix on medium speed for 7 minutes (trust me).
- Add in your flour, salt, baking powder and soda and mix just until combined.
- Add your chocolate, either in the mixer or with a spatula just until combined.
- Place your cookie dough balls onto a pan and let chill in the fridge for at-least 1 hour or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Bake cookies for 8-10 minutes or until the edges just start to turn brown, take out and immediately add the Spiceology Espresso Salt.
- Let them cool on the pan for 3-5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack and let completely cool.
- Try not to eat them all in one sitting – or do, we’re not going to judge you.