- Waffle maker (can be done on a skillet as Hash Brown Patties)
- 3 tablespoons Spiceology Chile Margarita Rub
- 6 medium gold potatoes; peeled and shredded (can use dehydrated potatoes, frozen hashbrowns are not recommended)
- 2 medium bell peppers
- 1 jalapeno
- 1/2 diced red onion
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoons salt
- 3/4 tablespoons black pepper
- 2 cups fresh corn or 1 can of corn
- additional mix in options: 2 cups of shredded cheese
- 2 tablespoons Spiceology Guac and Roll Salt-Free Seasoning
- crema or sour cream
- juice 1 lime
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Guac n Roll Crema (see Recipe below)
- sliced avocado
- fried egg
- Cotija cheese
- hot sauce
- green onions
- Start by prepping your potatoes. Peel all of them and then grate into a bowl with a cheesecloth or tea towel in it. (these can also be grated in a food processor and then put into a tea towel)
- Once shredded, you will want to squeeze and wring out any moisture in your potatoes. The more moisture you get out, the crispier your waffles will be. You can let this sit while you prep your other veggies to let the potatoes continue to naturally release liquid.
- When potatoes are ready, mix thoroughly with all other waffle ingredients. The mixture should stick together when pressed in your hand. If the mixture is not sticking, you can add 2-3 tbsps of flour incrementally until correct texture is produced.
- Warm up your waffle maker (or skillet) and spray with nonstick spray or butter. – Place approx. 1 – 1 1/2 cup per waffle and kick for 12-15 minutes or until gold and visibly crispy on the exterior.
- While cooking, mix together all sauce ingredients and set aside.
- To plate waffle, top with the Guac n Roll Crema sauce and any of the suggested toppings. Enjoy!