- 1 recipe Chile Margarita Cornbread, cooled and cubed
- 1 stick unsalted butter (8 tablespoons), plus more for greasing
- 2 large onions, diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 11 oz Spanish chorizo or linguica
- 2 medium jalapeños, seeded and sliced
- 3 cups chicken or turkey stock
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Add cubed cornbread to 2 rimmed baking sheets and toast in the oven for 15-20 minutes, stir and continue to bake until the cubes are dry and crouton-like. Remove and allow to cool.
- In a large skillet set over medium-high heat, add the butter and melt. Add the onions and cook over medium-low heat until the onions are caramelized about 30 minutes. Add the celery and chorizo and increase the heat to high. Saute until the chorizo is starting to brown, about 5 minutes. Add the jalapeños and saute for another 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Butter a 13×9-inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl add the cubed cornbread, the onion mixture and stir to combine. Add the chicken stock and toss to combine. Pour into prepared baking dish. Cover tightly with buttered aluminum foil. Bake 20 minutes covered. Remove foil and bake for another 25 minutes uncovered. Serve immediately.