Click the play button above to watch the recipe video!
If you learn nothing else from this recipe video – pay close attention to the AMOUNT of seasoning Chef Tony puts on this bad boy.
Really coat the tomahawk steak with a heavy amount of our Cowboy Crust signature blend to create that amazing crust and char.
Check out more of Chef Tony’s recipes over on Youtube.
Cowboy Crust Grilled Tomahawk Steak with Cowboy Crust Compound Butter
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 45 minutes
- Yield: 4–6 servings 1x
- 1 Tomahawk Steaks
- 1/2 cup Spiceology Cowboy Crust Espresso Chile rub
- Olive oil as needed
- 4 oz Unsalted Butter
- 1 tbsp Spiceology Cowboy Crust Espresso Chile rub
- Pellets: Hickory
- Mixed together room temperature unsalted butter with Spiceology Cowboy Crust to create compound butter, refrigerate.
- Clean any excess fat off the steak.
- Season the steak with olive oil and then rub Spiceology Cowboy Crust over the steak evenly. Coat the steak heavily to help promote a healthy bark through the smoking stage.
- Preheat smoker to 225 degrees F.
- Preheat your grill between 500-600 degrees F.
- Smoke the steak until it hits 115 degrees F internally.
- Move steak from smoker to grill and add grill marks to steak and cook until 129 degrees F.
- Allow steak to rest for 15-20 minutes before slicing.
- Apply butter to top of steak and serve with charred salad.