Click the play button above to watch the recipe video!
If you learn nothing else from this recipe video – pay close attention to the AMOUNT of seasoning Chef Tony puts on this bad boy.
Really coat the tomahawk steak with a heavy amount of our Cowboy Crust signature blend to create that amazing crust and char.
Check out more of Chef Tony’s recipes over on Youtube.
- 1 Tomahawk Steaks
- 1/2 cup Spiceology Cowboy Crust Espresso Chile rub
- Olive oil as needed
- 4 oz Unsalted Butter
- 1 tbsp Spiceology Cowboy Crust Espresso Chile rub
- Pellets: Hickory
- Mixed together room temperature unsalted butter with Spiceology Cowboy Crust to create compound butter, refrigerate.
- Clean any excess fat off the steak.
- Season the steak with olive oil and then rub Spiceology Cowboy Crust over the steak evenly. Coat the steak heavily to help promote a healthy bark through the smoking stage.
- Preheat smoker to 225 degrees F.
- Preheat your grill between 500-600 degrees F.
- Smoke the steak until it hits 115 degrees F internally.
- Move steak from smoker to grill and add grill marks to steak and cook until 129 degrees F.
- Allow steak to rest for 15-20 minutes before slicing.
- Apply butter to top of steak and serve with charred salad.