Click the play button to watch the above recipe video!
Our Spiceology X Derek Wolf / Over the Fire Cooking Garlic Herb blend really should be a pantry staple in your kitchen because it’s pretty much great on anything. And this blend takes this Chicken & Dumpling Soup recipe to the freakin next level.
Get more recipe ideas and subscribe to our Youtube channel today.
Garlic Herb Chicken & Dumpling Soup
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- 2 1/2 lb chicken breast / thighs
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 2 carrots 2 celery stalks
- 1Qt + 1C (reserve incase you need to thin) chicken stock
- 1 cup pancake mix
- 4 tablespoons Spiceology X Derek Wolf Garlic Herb blend
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup cornmeal
- Salt and pepper
- In a soup pot pour in chicken broth and chicken breasts. Simmer until chicken is cooked through.
- Take out chicken and place in a mixing bowl. Shred chicken using two knives. Set aside.
- In a large saute pan over medium heat, add carrots, celery, onion, and 4 tbsp butter.
- Stir well to combine. Let cook for 10 minutes, stirring often to ensure that the onions don’t burn.
- Add ½ cup flour and stir to combine to veggies and add to chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Add the shredded chicken, garlic herb blend, (1T). Stir well.
- Turn temperature to low and let simmer while making the dumplings mixture.
- In a separate bowl, add the seasonings to the pancake mix, gently toss to incorporate. Drizzle the milk into the bisquick flour and gently stir to incorporate the liquid. DO NOT OVERMIX.
- Let the batter rest for 1-2 minutes.
- Using a tablespoon, gently drop the batter *leaving space between each dumpling because they will expand in size as they cook* into the simmering chicken and vegetables.
- Cover the pot with a lid and allow the dumplings to simmer on low heat for 15 minutes.
- Turn over each dumpling in the pot (being careful not to break them apart) and continue to cook, uncovered, for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Serve with parsley garnish.