For all those budding mixologists, this is THE drink to for you. We know it sounds fancy, and it is… but oh so easy to make and so delicious to drink.
We started by making a quick simple syrup using Hibiscus Flower Powder, sugar and water and heating it up until the sugar dissolved, then chilled. Rim a glass with Sea Salt, pour in the prepared margarita and top with a lime wedge and a candied Hibiscus Flower. Super easy and really tasty. Get the recipe below the video.
Hibiscus Margarita with Sea Salt Recipe
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon Hibiscus Flower Powder
- 4 oz Silver Tequila
- 1/4 cup pomegranate juice
- Lime wedges
- Sea Salt (or other salt for rim)
- Candied Hibiscus Flowers (optional)
- In a small pot, add the water, sugar and hibiscus flower powder. Simmer over medium-low until sugar has dissolved, do not boil. Remove from heat and allow to cool completely.
- Fill a martini shaker with ice. Add 4 ounces tequila, 3 ounces hibiscus simple syrup, 1/4 cup pomegranate juice and juice of 2 lime wedges. Cover and shake vigorously.
- Rim 2 glasses with gold salt and add a few cubes of ice. Pour the margarita over the ice and top with a candied hibiscus flower and a lime wedge and serve immediately.