Click the play button to watch the above recipe video!
This Homemade Black & Bleu Cornbread From Scratch is worth the time and effort. The corn, Cajun and bleu cheese flavors blend beautifully to create a highly snackable side.
This recipe is part of our monthly High Effort / Low Effort series where we give you two takes on one dish – and you decide what effort level you’re up for.
- 9 oz cornmeal
- 24 oz buttermilk
- 12 oz all-purpose flour
- 1.13 oz baking powder
- 0.75 oz baking soda
- 1 oz salt
- 3 oz sugar
- 3 oz brown sugar
- 7.5 oz eggs
- 2.25 oz honey
- 1.5 oz butter
- 24 oz corn
- 2 tablespoons Spiceology Black & Bleu blend
- Combine the cornmeal and buttermilk and refrigerate overnight (or let sit while you prep the rest of the recipe if you don’t have time).
- Pre heat oven to 375 F, place cast iron pan in the oven to preheat, as well.
- In a small pot melt the butter and honey together.
- Combine the sugar and brown sugar in a large mixing bowl then add all the other dry ingredients.
- Add the eggs and butter/honey mixture to the buttermilk/cornmeal mixture and then add all that liquid to the dry.
- Stir just to combine, add corn and blue cheese, pour into preheated and buttered pan and bake until done (about 45 minutes).
- Let cool before turning out of the pan.