If you’re up for a little more time and effort – this homemade Mango Tango Lemon Bar recipe will be your gooey-delicious go-to.
And if you’ve never used our Mango Tango blend – it’s true – it’s technically salt free, but still super flavorful with real mango, chiles, paprika, and more.
These sweet and tart bars have a buttery flakey crust and unexpected spice kick – and will be the envy of your next summer potluck.
For the Crust:
- 2 cup flour
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
For the Lemon Filling:
- 4 eggs, well beaten
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 6 tbsp fresh lemon juice, plus grated rind from lemon
- 4 tbsp flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1–2 teaspoon Spiceology Mango Tango
- Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix all crust ingredients together as you would a pie crust (using a pastry blender).
- Pat mixture into 9×13 pan (I used a Pyrex).
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- While the crust is baking, mix all Lemon Filling ingredients together.
- When the crust has baked for 20 minutes, remove from oven and pour Lemon Filling mix over hot crust.
- Return to oven and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Let cool.
- Mix powdered sugar and more Mango Tango and sift-shake over bars.
- Enjoy the spice tart-tastic deliciousness!