Then proceed to dip those babies into whatever the heck you want – but we recommend mixing together plain Greek yogurt, lemon juice, chives and black pepper.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup corn starch
- 2 Tablespoons @overthefirecooking Smoked Garlic Jalapeno Lager
- Zest of half of a lemon
- 12 oz of favorite beer, we recommend a Lager
- 3 cans artichoke hearts
- Canola oil
- Capers and fresh chives, for garnish
- Extra lemon slices to squeeze on top
- Mix together flour, corn starch, Smoked Garlic Jalapeno Lager and lemon zest.
- Once dry ingredients are incorporated, slowly whisk in your beer and stir until smooth.
- Fill a heavy bottom pot with canola oil, at least 1/3 of the way up – heat until 375 degrees or when the back of a wooden spoon bubbles up.
- Drain artichokes, pat try and coat in batter.
- Fry coated artichoke hearts for 3-5 minutes until golden brown.
- Squeeze lemon on top, garnish with capers and fresh chives, and serve with a lemony yogurt sauce for dipping (we simply mixed together plain Greek yogurt, lemon juice, chives and black pepper).