Click the play button above to watch the recipe video!
Collard greens get a decadent treatment with this recipe from Chef Tony.
Our Spiceology X Derek Wolf Smoked Garlic Jalapeno beer-infused blend adds a nice kick to these creamy greens – save this recipe to impress your guests during the holidays.
Check out more of Chef Tony’s recipes over on Youtube.
- 2 lbs Collard Greens
- 16 fl oz Heavy Cream
- 16 fl oz Whole Milk
- 4 Garlic Cloves, Minced
- 1/2 Shallot, Minced
- 2 tbsp Spiceology X Derek Wolf Smoked Garlic Jalapeno Blend
- 1 lb Bacon, medium dice
- 3 tbsp Flour
- Aleppo Chile Flake, as needed
- In a large sauté pan, on medium heat, render the fat off the bacon.
- Remove bacon and place on a plate lined with paper towel.
- Discard the bacon fat with the exception of about 4 tablespoons.
- In a large pot bring water to a boil. Drop in greens until tender (about 15 – 20 minutes).
- Sauté your garlic and shallots in the fat; once fragrant drop in the flour and stir well to make a roux.
- Pour in the cream, whole milk and bring to a simmer and stir regularly, season with 3 tablespoons of the Spiceology X Derek Wolf Smoked Garlic Jalapeno blend.
- Once the sauce thickens place on low heat.
- Discard the water from the pot with the greens and place greens on a cutting board for a rough chop.
- Place back in the pot and pour in your sauce.
- Stir well and season with the diced bacon, salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with Spiceology Aleppo Chile Flake and serve hot.