One pan pasta bakes are a thing and let me tell you, this is probably the easiest mac and cheese I’ve ever made. My one tip is to make sure you use a hearty pasta like penne or rigatoni so it holds the pasta shape. This Smoked Mac & Cheese would be a great side to a giant slab of ribs or grilled chicken and because it only take 5 minutes to toss together and you can forget about it for 45 minutes, it’s incredibly easy.
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 lb pasta (any kind will do)
- 4 cups whole milk
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar, shredded, divided
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon Spiceology Black & Bleu spice blend
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Preheat your smoker to 350º F.
- In a large cast iron skillet, or medium aluminum tray, add all of the ingredients leaving behind 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar for later. Lightly mix in the spice blend and close the smoker. Cook uncovered for 45-50 minutes.
- Stir to combine and top with the remaining 1/2 cup shredded cheddar. Smoke for another 5 minutes. Remove and serve immediately.
Don’t have a smoker? Do the exact same recipe, just use your oven at 350º F with the same baking time.