Click the play button to watch the above recipe video!
This Sour Power Chili Lemon Basil Soup is the perfect dish when battling a cold. Packed with Spiceology X Jet Tila Sour Power blend with a kimchi-inspired flavor profile, this soup is easy to whip up and will hit the spot.
The best part? This soup all comes together in just under 15 minutes – enjoy!
Get more recipe ideas and subscribe to our Youtube channel today.
For the Sweet Rice Wine Soy Sauce
- 1/3 cup Mirin
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup sugar
For the soup:
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- Pinch chile flake
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Spiceology X Jet Tila Sour Power Blend
- Pinch white pepper
- 6 lemon slices, quartered
- Ginger, minced
- 4 sprigs Thai Basil
- Mix together ingredients for the Sweet Rice Wine Soy Sauce until sugar is dissolved. Set aside.
- In a wok/soup pot on medium high heat, add ginger, chili flake, basil, lemon slices, lemon juice. Stir until fragrant.
- Now add 3/4 of the sweet rice wine soy sauce, rice vinegar, and soy.
- Bring to a boil, lower to simmer and add white pepper, sesame oil and red chile oil.
- Adjust vinegar for your preferred sourness and serve.
This is the perfect soup when battling a cold.