Tune in to the NFL Super Bowl LV TikTok to see Spiceology Chef Matt Broussard (@acooknamedmatt) makes this during the Super Bowl. Heads up – for the best flavor these wings need to marinate for at least a day.
- 2 cups soy sauce
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup your favorite hot sauce (Matt uses Frank’s Red Hot)
- 1 tablespoon Spiceology Ginger Powder
- 2 tablespoons Spiceology Garlic Powder
- 1/4 cup Spiceology Maple Sugar
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- Pour all ingredients, except for water, into a large container for marinating.
- Whisk together, then add 1/2 cup water
- Drop chicken wings into marinade. Submerge fully, then place in fridge for at least one day.
- Remove from fridge, and sear off on medium heat in preferred cooking apparatus. (Matt uses a cast iron, but you can use a grill, smoker, or cook over wood fire.)
- Flip to cook on both sides.
- Once lightly charred with a rich color, place into oven at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or until internal temp is 165. (If your cooking on a smoker or BBQ, you don’t need to finish them in the oven.)
- Enjoy your wings!