This ice cream needs to be on your must-make list. Seriously…it is incredibly easy, so luscious and that color? Need another excuse? Turmeric is said to have many health-boosting qualities. Holy swoon!
You need this in your life for sure and did I lie when I said it’s easy? Imagine how incredible this ice cream would look if you sandwiched it between chocolate cookies? OH MY!
Turmeric Ice Cream Recipe
Makes 6-8 Servings
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 Vanilla Bean, split lengthwise and seeds removed
- 2 teaspoons Spiceology Turmeric Root Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Spiceology Ground Cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon Spiceology Ground Cardamom
- In a saucepan over medium-low heat, stir together the sugar and the half and half, dissolving the sugar. Once the mixture begins to simmer, remove from the heat
- Meanwhile whisk eggs in a medium-size bowl. Temper the eggs by slowly whisking in half of the half and half mixture. Make sure to whisk quickly to avoid egg from scrambling
- Pour egg mixture back into the saucepan with the other half of the half and half mixture. Stir in the heavy cream
- Split your vanilla bean in half and scrape out the seeds into the cream. Proceed by dumping in the rest of the spices (cinnamon, turmeric, cardamon) into cream and cover with a lid. Place on medium to low heat and cook until the cream can coat the back of a metal spoon (nape). Remove from heat
- Pour into a medium bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Make sure plastic wrap is touching your cream to avoid any top layer skin being made. Refrigerate overnight
- Pour mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer’s instructions.