The Unsalted Caramel-brûléed lemon slice absolutely makes this cocktail – because a charred lemon is a tasty lemon.
With a base from our friends over at Maker’s Mark, this cocktail is smoky, sweet, tart, and perfect to sip on as the weather warms up.
- 2 oz Maker’s Mark (I used 46 because I like the amped up flavors)
- 3/4 oz honey (1.5 Tbsp in case you need the conversion!)
- 1 oz (2 Tbsp) lemon juice from charred lemons
- 1/4 t of Spiceology Unsalted Caramel, plus extra for garnish
- Slice lemons and char. I used a crème brulée torch, but you can broil or grill them as well. Save one charred slice for a special garnish tip at the end.
- In a pint glass, muddle two-three charred lemon slices to release 1 oz (2 T) fresh, charred lemon juice.
- Add the honey, Maker’s Mark, Unsalted Caramel, and Ice to the pint glass, top it with a shaker and shake vigorously.
- Strain the liquid into a rocks glass and enjoy… or add a fancy garnish.
- Sprinkle Unsalted Caramel over the remaining charred lemon slice and brulée it! Add it to your glass, sit back and admire your tasty work.