- 2lbs ground venison
- 1 lb bacon, chopped
- 1 large onion, small diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- 3 cups stock
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup Jean-Paul Bourgeois Creole Tomato and Onion Chorizo Blend
- 4 ounces Maker’s Mark Bourbon
- Salt and pepper
- In a black iron pan, render bacon until it gets crisp.
- Add ground venison, onion, garlic, and green onion. Cook ingredients together until meat is brown.
- Add creole tomato and green onion blend and stir into the meat mixture over medium heat until thoroughly incorporated. Cook for 5 minutes to “toast” the spice blend.
- Add makers mark bourbon and cook until the fire (alcohol) burns out.
- Add stock and tomato sauce.
- Bring chili to boil and then reduce to a simmer. Cook for 30 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with cheddar cheese, grilled tortillas, avocado and sour cream.