Chef: Lynette P
1. We are going to leech our veggies first to make sure they have an acceptable amount of potassium for those on a salt-free diet. Learn more about leeching here.
2. Peel carrots and slice 1/8 inch thick. Rinse in warm water for 15 seconds then soak a minimum of two hours in warm water. Use enough water that your carrots are completely submerged (10 times the amount of water than carrots). If soaking for more than a couple hours, change your water periodically.
3. Once you're done soaking your carrots, run them under warm water for a couple of seconds.
4. Cook carrots with five times the amount of water (learn why here).
5. In a small saucepan heat the olive oil over medium-low heat. Add onions and garlic and sweat, stirring occasionally until fragrant and translucent (about 10 minutes)
6. Add the carrots and Salt-Free Tandoori Glory blend and stir to combine.
7. Add the cream or dairy-free milk of your choice and water and cook until all the vegetables are extremely tender.
8. Add the honey granules or sweetener of your choice and acid of your choice, stir to combine.
9. Transfer the soup to a blender or use an immersion blender in the saucepan to puree the soup. Thin with additional cream/milk or water as desired.
10. Taste for seasoning, add more salt-free tandoori glory or acid as needed for balance. Reheat the soup and serve.
Optional garnishes include a drizzle of olive oil, chopped fresh parsley, cooked rice, quinoa, pasta, or other grain, creme fraiche or Greek yogurt.