Caramel Apple Cider Marshmallows
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour, 30 minutes
- Total Time: 2 hours
- Yield: 4–6 servings 1x
Apple Cinnamon Marshmallows:
- 2 tablespoons Spiceology Apple Cinnamon Blend
- 4 1/2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 3/4 cup water, divided
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
Salted Caramel Sauce:
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Spiceology Flakey Sea Salt
- 24 lollipop sticks (see note)
- Candy thermometer
- Coat an 8″ square pan with nonstick spray. Line with foil. Make sure the foil hangs over the edges of the pan to form handles. Finally, spray the foil with nonstick spray.
- In a small bowl, whisk together gelatin and 1/2 cup water. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan, combine light corn syrup, sugar, and 1/4 cup water. Bring mixture to a boil over high heat, stirring occasionally. Using a candy thermometer, cook until syrup temperature reaches 240F.
- While syrup is boiling, pour remaining 1/4 cup light corn syrup into the bowl of a stand mixer. Place gelatin mixture in microwave for about 30 seconds, or until completely melted. Add gelatin mixture to mixer bowl. Turn the mixer on low and keep it running.
- Once syrup reaches 340F, pour into mixer bowl while mixer is still running on low. CAREFUL! The syrup will be very hot and can stick to your skin and cause burns.
- Increase mixer to medium and beat 5 minutes. Increase the speed to medium-high for 5 more minutes. Increase the mixer speed to high and beat for 2 minutes more until the mixture is white, shiny, and tripled in volume.
- Pour half the Spiceology Apple Cinnamon into the marshmallow mixture, folding to combine. Once nearly combined, add the other half and repeat. Spread marshmallows into prepared pan, smoothing the top with a spatula.
- Let the marshmallows set up at room temperature for at least 4 hours.
Salted Caramel Sauce:
- Once the marshmallows have setup, start the caramel sauce.
- Pour sugar into a medium saucepan. Whisk over medium-high heat as sugar melts. NOTE: the sugar clumping is totally fine.
- Once melted, stop whisking and cook the sugar until it is deep amber in color. Carefully add the butter and whisk to incorporate.
- Remove mixture from the heat. Carefully add the cream and whisk until smooth.
- Add Spiceology flake salt and stir to incorporate.
- Allow caramel to cool to nearly room temperature before dipping the marshmallows.
- Line a cookie sheet with waxed paper or a silpat.
- Remove marshmallows from pan and cut into 24 marshmallows.
- Insert a lollipop stick into each marshmallow and set on the lined baking sheet
- Dip each marshmallow almost completely into the salted caramel sauce (if you dip it all the way in, you risk losing your marshmallow off the stick). Repeat with all 24!
- Place dipped marshmallows in the refrigerator to set.
- Serve with Hot Chocolate for a real treat. Enjoy!