Let’s make easy weeknight carbonara! This is a dish that requires “mise en place,” or all your ingredients to be prepped in advance. If you do not stir the egg yolk in while the pasta is piping hot, you will not achieve the creamy texture you desire. It is the heat of the pasta that creates the smooth layer from the yolk, coating the pasta.
- 8 oz pasta
- 2 eggs yolks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Girl Carnivore Over Easy Spice Blend
- 14 oz Artichoke hearts drained and rinsed
- 3 oz Prosciutto di San Daniele, cut into strips (or any other cured ham)
- 2 oz Grana Padano (or another freshly shaved cheese like pecorino romano or parmesan)
Boil the Pasta
- Boil the pasta to just al dente as per the package instructions.
Stir in the Egg
- Quickly add the egg yolks to the hot pasta and toss to coat.
- Add the oil, salt, pepper, and GirlCarnivore Over Easy blend and continue to toss until the pasta is evenly coated and speckled throughout with the spices.
Fold in the in
- Fold in the artichoke hearts and Prosciutto di San Daniele.
- Divide evenly on serving plates.
- Grate the fresh Grana Padano directly over each plate.
- Garnish with fresh herbs such as basil if desired.
Tips for Storage:
- Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- Reheat in small portions with a sprinkle of water in small bursts in the microwave.