This from-scratch Espresso Salted Caramel Sauce is almost *too* easy to make.
You’re just five ingredients from making a batch of this sweet, salty and sticky sauce with a serious caffeine kick to it.
Chef Ryan Wiebe drizzles this stuff over French toast, but this sauce will also be best buds with apples, ice cream, cookies, brownies, cinnamon rolls, pretzels, pies, bananas – you get the idea.
Never used our Espresso Salt before? It’s made from fresh-roasted espresso and hand-harvested sea salt, creating a rich, dark, complex finishing salt that adds just the right amount of espresso flavor to savory and sweet dishes.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup, butter, diced
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons espresso powder
- 2 teaspoons Spiceology Espresso Salt
- Have all of your ingredients measured and ready to go, things happen fast when making this caramel!
- Heat sugar on high heat, once your sugar begins to melt be careful as it’s very hot. Once your sugar becomes amber add in your butter using a whisk. Watch out as butter will make the hot sugar bubble and foam.
- Once all the butter is incorporated, bring caramel back to temperature and add in the cream using a whisk, again it will foam up.
- After cream has been mixed in, whisk in your espresso powder and Spiceology Espresso Salt.
- Keep in the fridge and drizzle on your favorite desserts, French toast, iced coffee or whatever you can think of!