- 1 1⁄2 cups whole milk
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons dry active yeast for serving
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons Greek Freak Mediterranean Spice Rub
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter & milk over medium heat. Cool to 105°F-115°F and add the yeast. Let rest 10 minutes.
- In the bowl of a mixer fitted with the dough hook, add the flour, sugar, and salt. Stir to combine. Add the yeast mixture and knead 1 minute on low. Raise to medium speed for 5 minutes until the dough comes together and is elastic and glossy.
- Spray a large bowl with cooking spray and turn out the dough. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and let raise in a warm, draft-free location for 1 hour.
- Grease a 13×9-inch baking dish. Divide the dough in half. Make 2 12 inch ropes and divide each rope into 12 equal portions. Roll gently in your palm to make a ball. Place in the prepared baking dish and continue with remaining dough, making 4 rows of 6. Cover and allow to raise 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Stir together the melted butter and Greek Freak Spice Rub and brush the rolls. Bake 18-20 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve immediately.