We suggest making a big batch of these to have on hand for holiday dishes.
Chef Ryan Wiebe shares his recipe for these almonds with some serious sweet heat – the trick for that crunchy coating? Egg whites!
Sprinkle these little flavor bombs on salads, yogurt, desserts, or just eat them by the handful.
Never used our Spiceology X Voodoo Ranger Habanero Grapefruit beer-infused blend? With honey granules, garlic, grapefruit crystals, smoked paprika, habanero chili pepper, and more, this blend has a balanced tangy-sweet-heat profile you’ll love.
- 400 g / 2 cups sliced almonds
- 1 egg white
- 1 tsp water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp Spiceology X Voodoo Ranger Habanero Grapefruit blend
- Place the egg white and water in the bowl of a stand mixer and whip until egg whites are frothy and medium stiffness.
- Fold in the almonds with the whipped egg whites. Once fully mixed add the sugar and Habanero Grapefruit seasoning and fold in again.
- Pre heat oven to 250°F.
- Place almonds on a sheet pan and spread evenly in a singly layer.
- Bake for 45 minutes and every 15 minutes lightly mix the almonds around.
- After the almonds are fully baked remove from oven and let cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
- They will last for 1 month and are great on salads, desserts or a snack.