Chocolate Truffles are one of the EASIEST confections to make. Stir some chocolate with cream and you are off to the races. We kicked this truffle up with our newest blend, Hibiscus Habanero spice blend, that has, you guessed it, Hibiscus flower blended with warm habanero powder, honey granules and a hint of salt. Once the chocolate truffles have had time to chill, the possibilities are endless. You can dust them in cocoa powder, roll them in chopped nuts, or drape them in melted chocolate and top with flakey salt, nonpareils, or dried hibiscus flowers if you’re trying to be extra fancy. Whip up a batch of these sweet and spicy truffles for Mother’s Day. Mom will thank you for the effort AND the deliciousness.
- 8 oz good quality chocolate, chopped
- ⅔ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon Hibiscus Habanero Blend
- 2 ml CBD tincture oil (2 droppers-full) – optional
- 12 oz good quality chocolate, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- Warm the heavy cream in a microwave safe measuring cup in the microwave in 30 second increments. Do not scald the milk.
- In a medium bowl, add the chopped chocolate, butter, Hibiscus Habanero and the warm milk. Allow to sit for 1 minute before stirring. Stir well to combine. Place a piece of plastic wrap over the top, touching the chocolate. Chill for 1 hour.
- Use a small hinged scoop or ice cream scoop and make equal portions and place on a parchment lined plate or small baking sheet. Chill for another 30 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, add remaining chopped chocolate and warm over low heat. Add the vegetable oil and stir well to combine. Dip chilled truffles in melted chocolate one-by-one, coating all sides. Place back on the parchment-lined baking sheet/plate. Top with flakey salt, dried Hibiscus Flowers or whatever toppings you’re using. Repeat with the remaining truffles. Chill for 15-20 minutes to set the coating and serve.